It is that dreaded thing we do every summer…we choose a dozen or two swimsuits off the racks and take them into the dressing room and start the process. Then it begins…the top is too tight, the bottoms are sagging, the color isn’t right, it shows too much skin, it pinches, it pulls, it isn’t comfortable, etc. etc. etc….. Then we leave the dressing room frustrated and with no purchase in hand and find the nearest food court to drown our sorrows. Am I right?!
Well I hope to help you make this dreaded process a lot easier! Now that you know your specific body type and how to dress for it let’s decide how to pick that perfect bathing suit!
If you are a “b” body type (belly):
- Wear a suit with strong minimizing fabric
- Patterns or solids with ruching are best to camouflage your tummy
- Tankinis are great especially if they don’t cling to your stomach
- Halter tops are very flattering
If you are an “o” body type (overly endowed):
- Choose one with strong bra support
- Patterns and solids with details are best
- A minimizing suit is going to be best to hold you in all over
- Show off those wonderful legs
If you are a “d” body type (derriere):
- Choose wide shoulder straps to balance out the hips
- If you have a smaller bust, choose horizontal stripes or prints at the top
- Higher necklines and boatnecks create balance up top
- Skirted suits are good for you as long as they don’t hit at your fullest part of your thighs
If you are an “x” body type (evenly balanced):
- You can wear most any type of suit
- Just make sure you are staying balanced all over
- Choose one that is going to showcase the silhouette of your body
- Not too sexy or too sloppy (a proper fit is a perfect choice)
Now be brave and go into that dressing room with confidence and select the suit that is perfect for you! Don’t forget the cute cover-up, sandals, tote and sunglasses too!